The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr Mansukh Mandaviya has launched the renovated CGHS (Central Government Health Scheme) website (www.cghs.gov.in) and mobile app, MyCGHS digitally. Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare Dr Bharti Pravin Pawar was also present at the launch.
“The launch of the revamped CGHS website linked with a mobile app is an important and timely step towards catering to India’s increasing digital penetration. The website has several updated features which shall hugely benefit more than 40 lakh beneficiaries (both in-service and retired personnel) with real-time information from the convenience of their homes,” the union minister said.
Dr Mansukh Mandaviya added that new facilities will enable healthcare services to be delivered without venturing out, and is a timely innovative step during the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. It is an important and timely step powered by India’s increasing digital penetration, he added.
The union health minister informed that the services have been expanded in the revamped website. Under the new facility of teleconsultation, CGHS beneficiaries can get advice from experts directly through the phone. With these facilities, CGHS aims to further enhance its reach to provide various facilities to the beneficiaries in a convenient manner.
What’s new in the upgraded CGHS website?
- The website has been developed in accordance with GIGW (Guidelines for Indian Government Websites). These standards and guidelines make the website 3U compliant i.e., usable, user-centric and universally accessible.
- As mandated by the GIGW, the site has been made bilingual (Hindi and English) with the provision to make it multi-lingual in future.
- The website interface is intuitive and with ease of accessing desired information. An extensive search facility has been provided to access the website contents.
- User-friendly features have been added for visually impaired persons like the audio play of the text and the option to increase the font size.
- There is a direct link to the eSanjeevani Teleconsultation facility through the CGHS website.
- The website provides a link to the online grievance portal developed for CGHS beneficiaries with provision for the grievance to be sent directly to the concerned officer with both SMS and email for timely redressal of complaints.
- The website also has the link to beneficiary login for accessing various online facilities such as tracking of medical claims, grievances, the status of CGHS card, downloading of CGHS card, accessing the history of medicines, online appointment system and various other facilities.
Expressing satisfaction over the move to expand the range of CGHS services through digital system, Minister of State Dr Bharati Pravin Pawar said that new websites and mobile apps have been launched as a result of enriching our experience in using digital media during the epidemic. In line with the Digital Health Mission, the new website has been launched so that the beneficiaries can avail of the services at their own convenience. She said that in the near future, this service will also help in providing various health-related information to more than 4 million beneficiaries.